Community Service Officer
Community Service Officers (CSOs) are non-sworn, civilian employees of the Oak Bluffs Police Department. Under the direct supervision of the shift sergeant, CSOs perform a variety of duties and services in support of basic police operations and functions which do not require the legal powers of a sworn police officer.
CSOs must follow department policies, rules and regulations and adhere to the standards of professional conduct required of regular police officers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Patrol the downtown and harbor areas of Oak Bluffs on foot, bicycle and Segway.
2. Respond to non-hazardous calls for service.
3. Assist the public with questions and general information.
4. Enforce non-criminal Town By-Laws.
5. Enforce parking regulations.
6. Direct and control pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
7. Recover and log found property.
8. Assist the police clerk by answering telephones, assisting walk-in customers and assisting police officers.
9. Assist at special events and emergencies.
10. Provide CPR and first aid as necessary.
To apply send a completed employment application to:
Oak Bluffs Police Department
Attention Sergeant Michael Marchand
P.O. Box 1504, Oak Bluffs, MA 02557
Questions? Contact Sergeant Marchand at 508-693-0750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.